The Pipe Organ Encounter+
- Is a 4-5 day event organized by a local AGO chapter under the sponsorship of the national organization.
- Is a national program sponsored by the American Guild of Organists. Participants are admitted to POE+s on a first-come, first-served basis, regardless of attendance at prior POEs, and regardless of state or country of residence, as long as they meet the following eligibility guidelines: Participants should be 19 or older, want to play the organ or currently play the organ in a church or synagogue, and be interested in improving their organ skills.
- Is open to organists ranging from beginners (proficient pianists who will learn the basics of organ playing) to advanced.
- Offers instruction in basic technique, pedaling, improvisation and registration for beginners, and skills such as hymn playing, sight reading and transposition (which may lead to qualifying as a candidate for the AGO Service Playing Certificate) for more experienced participants. Other topics include a general overview of organ literature, history, and pipe organ construction and design.
- Provides an opportunity for participation in ecumenical worship, so as to experience the role of the sacred musician.
- Most of all, provides a unique opportunity for participants to meet and interact with peers who have similar interests.
2022 POE+ Events
June 12-17, 2022
Allentown and Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Lehigh Valley Chapter
Co-Director: Gloria Snyder
Registration Payment Form (Download, print out and complete for Lehigh Valley POE+ only.)
APPLY TO ATTEND BELOW:
Pipe Organ Encounters is an educational outreach program of the American Guild of Organists. Major funding for Pipe Organ Encounters is provided by the Associated Pipe Organ Builders of America. Additional support is provided by the American Institute of Organbuilders and the Jordan Organ Endowment.