The Pipe Organ Encounter+
- Is a 4-5 day event organized by a local AGO chapter under the sponsorship of the national organization.
- Is a national program sponsored by the American Guild of Organists. Students are admitted to POE+s on a first-come, first-served basis, regardless of attendance at prior POEs, and regardless of state or country of residence, as long as they meet the following eligibility guidelines: Students should be 19 or older, want to play the organ or currently play the organ in a church or synagogue, and be interested in improving their organ skills.
- Is open to organists ranging from beginners (proficient pianists who will learn the basics of organ playing) to advanced.
- Offers instruction in basic technique, pedaling, improvisation and registration for beginners, and skills such as hymn playing, sight reading and transposition (which may lead to qualifying as a candidate for the AGO Service Playing Certificate) for more experienced students. Other topics include a general overview of organ literature, history, and pipe organ construction and design.
- Provides an opportunity for participation in ecumenical worship, so as to experience the role of the sacred musician.
- Most of all, provides a unique opportunity for participants to meet and interact with peers who have similar interests.
2016 Pipe Organ Encounter Plus
Click HERE to complete the online application form.
After completing the online application form, please click HERE for payment instructions (POE+ only).