Nita Akin Fund

nakinThe Nita Akin Competition Fund was established in 1984 to support the ongoing operations of the National Young Artists Competition in Organ Performance (NYACOP). It is a permanently restricted fund. 80% of the earnings of this fund is available for use each year. The remaining 20% is reinvested. Contributions are invited.

Nita Akin is remembered as a devoted teacher and one of the early American pioneers in the field of organ performance. A student of Charles Courboin, she taught hundreds of students during her long and distinguished career as organist at the First Methodist Church in Wichita Falls, Tex., and as professor of organ at Midwestern University. Nita was a selfless, inspiring giver, never charging any student for the lessons she gave.

Printable Form for Contributions

Contribution levels are as follows:

Benefactor ($1,000+)
Sponsor ($500-999)
Patron ($250-499)
Donor ($100-249)
Sustaining Member ($50-99)
Contributor ($25-49)
Friend ($1-24)