Who are we?
- Some of us are organists and some of us are organ buffs.
- Some of us are concert organists and some of us are just beginners.
- Some of us have advanced degrees in organ and some of us are self-taught.
- Some of us play pipe organs and some of us play electronic organs.
- Some of us are choral conductors.
We are 12,000 people who are passionate about the organ. As a member of the AGO, you will get to know and work with other organists who share their knowledge and passion to educate and inspire.
Compare Membership and Categories
Join as a Chapter Member
Join as an Independent Member (without chapter affiliation)
Subscribe to The American Organist Magazine
Renew Membership (current members)
Download/Print a Membership Brochure
As a member of the American Guild of Organists you will:
- Connect with other organists who share your passion for the organ through the AGO’s 282 global chapters.
- Nurture new organists of all ages by supporting activities that introduce young people to the organ.
- Enhance your skills as an organist and choral conductor through the AGO’s five levels of certification: Service Playing, Colleague, Choirmaster, Associate and Fellow.
- Gain access to the AGO job listings available for organists, choral directors, church and synagogue music directors, music teachers, organ builders, technicians, sales personnel, and related positions. Both part time and full time jobs are listed.
- Stay informed with the latest news in the organ world through a subscription to The American Organist magazine, delivered monthly to your door and available online.
- AGO members can become members of the Church Music Institute with a discount of $40 off the $75 individual membership and receive access to its online sacred music library with more than 18,000 choral selections and more than 13,000 organ composition titles. Click HERE for more information.
- AGO members can also become affiliate members of the Royal College of Organists for ₤25.00 and receive a package of digital benefits including access to iRCO, the College’s outstanding digital content hub that contains hundreds of videos, webinars, audio files, papers, articles and other educational material for the organist and choral director, as well as full access to online education and workshops. Click HERE for more information.
AGO membership is offered through local chapters and to individuals who wish to participate as independent members without chapter affiliation. Local chapters hold regular meetings featuring performances, lecture, seminars, and discussions on a wide variety of topics. Many chapters also offer monthly newsletters, scholarship programs, musician placement services, and substitute referrals to employing institutions. Independent members enjoy all of the same national benefits as chapter members, however they do not participate in chapter programs, events, and initiatives.