- Is a 5-6 day event organized by a local AGO chapter under the sponsorship of the national organization. It provides a higher level of pipe organ instruction and intense course study.
- Is for students aged 13-18, who have achieved a high level of success in organ study. They must submit an audition recording and other supporting materials in order to apply to the POEA.
- Provides an opportunity for students to have individual instruction in pipe organ technique and performance with an artist faculty.
- Provides intermediate to advanced classes in areas such as organ literature, history, pipe organ construction and design, music theory, improvisation, conducting, and service playing.
- Most of all, provides a unique opportunity for participants to meet and interact with peers who have similar interests.
2014 Pipe Organ Encounter (Advanced)
June 29-July 4, 2014
ANN ARBOR CHAPTER
University of Michigan
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Joshua Boyd/Pamela Ruiter-Feenstra
1801 Willowtree Lane, Apt. A2
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
Ann Arbor POEA Website
Limited scholarship aid is available to cover full or partial registration fees for POEs. The online POE scholarship application is available here from mid-January until the May 15 application deadline. Scholarship applications are reviewed monthly beginning in February.
The application asks questions of both the student and her/his parent(s) and also requires a letter of recommendation from the student’s organ or piano teacher.