Please fill out and submit this form to apply for the Service Playing Certificate exam. When completed, after you click “submit,” a confirmation message will appear on this page below the solid line after note number 4 in place of the application form. Applicants will also receive a confirmation message that contains all answers provided in the form.
Before starting this online application be sure to accomplish the following:
1. Contact the chapter where you plan to take the Service Playing exam.
2. Find out who from the chapter will serve as the Chapter Exam Coordinator and be able to provide that person’s email address and postal address on this form.
3. Find out from the chapter the exact date arranged on which you will be making the exam recording.
NOTES FOR SERVICE PLAYING CERTIFICATE APPLICATION:
1. NOTE: Applications submitted before February 1, 2023 must be received by AGO Headquarters and the local chapter administering the exam at least 30 days in advance of the test date.
2. Candidates seeking dual AGO/NPM certification should be careful to select and perform those items on the test that are required for NPM certification, as outlined in the examination requirements, available HERE.
3. One (and only one) piece from each of the three repertoire groups (A, B, & C) is to be used for Prelude (S1), Offertory (S7), and Postlude (S10). Only one piece may be selected from each group. The choice of group order is determined by the candidate. For example, Prelude (S1) may be from Group A, B, or C.
4. The psalm accompaniment (S3), and all hymns for transposition and accompaniment (S2, S5, and S9) must be drawn from the 2023 Revised Examination Hymn Booklet.
The Service Playing Certification exam application form deadline was Feb. 1, 2023 and is no longer available.