Individuals interested in the organ and choral music fields are invited to join the American Guild of Organists. Membership is open to everyone, regardless of denominational affiliation or musical ability.
Membership in the AGO brings the following benefits
- Complimentary subscription to The American Organist
- Access to national job postings
- Eligibility for high-quality insurance plans for health, car, home, and professional liability at competitive rates
- Discounts on AGO convention fees and educational resources
- Discounts on Certification exam fees
- Chapter events such as recitals, workshops, meetings, and seminars (chapter members only)
- Voting privileges in officer elections
AGO membership is offered both through local chapters, and to individuals who wish to participate as independent members without chapter affiliation. Local chapters hold regular meetings featuring performances, lectures, seminars, and discussions on a wide variety of topics. Many chapters also offer monthly newsletters, scholarship programs, musician placement services, and substitute referrals to employing institutions. Independent members enjoy all of the same national benefits as chapter members, however, they do not receive the various benefits local chapters have to offer.