The RCYO Committee has formulated online competition procedures for 2021 that will allow chapters to host a chapter competition safely.
All 2021 chapter competitions will be recorded rounds. Recordings of the RCYO performances will be submitted to the host chapter by uploading them to a special “Add Your RCYO Recording” application. It is hoped, that chapters can adopt a virtual competition procedure that simulates a live event as closely as possible. These are the key points.
- Competitors will submit an initial online application; the deadline of submission is January 15, 2021.
- Each competitor will subsequently create a recording of their RCYO repertoire with the aid of a proctor.
- Because of the size of the file recording, the proctor will first upload the recorded performance to a file sharing website such as Dropbox, Vimeo, or YouTube. The proctor will then paste the link from the file sharing website into a special “Add Your RCYO Recording” online application. A proctor can also create CDs to be submitted via USPS.
- On the day of the competition, the chapter competition coordinator will share the recordings with the judges and chapter members.
- After the judges have determined a winner, the competitors will be notified, perhaps in a video meeting.
For help in planning your chapter competition, consult the 2021 Chapter Checklist.
AGO Headquarters email