Message from the Dean
Randall (Randy) C. Sheets, dean
On Thursday, September 20, we will begin our 2018-2019 program year with a gathering St. Paul’s Episcopal. Faythe Freese, organist at the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa, will join us to give a presentation on “Sure-fire Practice Techniques.” Dr. Freese’s presentation will be preceded with pot-luck heavy hors d’oeuvres and beverages. Our officers are planning a rich year of social events and programs for everyone from the new organist to seasoned veterans. New members are always welcome!
- Thursday, Sept. 20, 2018. Evening. Program- “Surefire Practice Techniques” – presented by Faythe Freese, organist at the University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa. St. Paul’s Episcopal. Preceded by a 6:15 pm social time with potluck hors d’oeuvres and beverages.
- Second Monday Lunches. Location TBD each month.
- Second Friday ArtWalk Organ Concert Mini Series in downtown Mobile. Free 15-minute evening concerts repeated at 7:00, 7:30, 8:00 and 8:30 at the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception. Coordinated by cathedral musician Clinton Doolittle.
For information about the Mobile chapter, contact any of the officers listed below. When joining the AGO, or renewing your membership, be sure to indicate your desire to affiliate with the Mobile Chapter.
- To offer your services as a substitute organist, or to seek a substitute, contact Jeremy Adcock (Trinity Episcopal, Mobile; list administrator) at email@example.com. See the list here:
- Employers and job seekers are invited to post and search listings of available positions on the Guild’s National Website.
- Dean: Randall Sheets. (Spring Hill Presbyterian Church) Email 251-342-1550, ext. 15.
- Co-Sub-deans (program chairs):
- Treasurer: Peggy Lyden. (St. Paul’s Episcopal). Email 251-342-8521
- Communications/Secretary: LeeArron Klosterman. (St. Pius X Catholic Church).Email 251-652-5975
Please follow us on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/American-Guild-of-Organists-Mobile-Chapter-1764423153888414/