Will your chapter help grow the next generation of organists by hosting a POE event in 2022?
For summer 2021 we have two Pipe Organ Encounter events scheduled. Would your chapter like to host a POE in 2022? The deadline to apply is February 15, but it has been extended to April 1, 2021.
Each of us can help grow the next generation of organists by:
- Working with and supporting your chapter in applying to host a POE in 2022. It’s one of the greatest experiences your chapter will ever have!
- Encouraging pianists and organists of all ages in your area to register for one of the 2021 POEs. Brochures can be downloaded and applications for 2021 POE events are now open at https://www.agohq.org/education/poe/
- Letting young musicians know that scholarship assistance is available for POE, POE-A, and POE-Tech events. See https://www.agohq.org/poe-scholarships/.
- Making a chapter donation to one of the host chapters to help underwrite some of the costs of producing the POE.
- Welcoming new members (all POE, POE-A, and POE-Tech participants receive a one-year membership in AGO) to your chapter and helping them get involved.
Chapters interested in sponsoring a POE, POE Advanced, POE+, or POE Technical (Organbuilding POE) in summer 2021 are encouraged to consult the POE Handbook (as revised and updated through 2019) containing application materials. This resource is on the AGO website (agohq.org/education/poe), or it may be obtained directly from AGO Headquarters upon request. Please also look at POE information for Chapters.
For further information, contact David Lincoln, director of the Committee on Pipe Organ Encounters, or by email. Please note: the application deadline for hosting a POE, POE Advanced, POE+, or POE Technical in 2022 is February 15, 2021; however, the deadline has been extended to April 1, 2021.
*Please note: Both Chapter and Builder applications are necessary to propose a POE-Technical event.