The Seattle 2022 Workshops Committee invites applications for presentations at the AGO National Convention in Seattle, “The Well-Tempered Future,” July 3–7, 2022. Proposals should consist of a single-page 250-word abstract summarizing the topic and the particular contribution the presenter plans to offer, including what audio-visual and/or musical equipment will be required. Workshop sessions will be 45 minutes and a video recording will be made of each presentation for later use online by the convention. Proposals should take this into account. In addition to a $100 stipend, the convention registration fee for workshop presenters will be waived.
The workshops committee seeks to present a variety of workshops at the 2022 convention, from practical hands-on workshops to academic papers, so a wide array of proposals is encouraged. Areas of focus will include, but are not limited to:
- César Franck at 200
- Children, Youth, and the Organ
- Choral Music and Handbell Music
- Church Music
- Diversity and the Organ: Traditions, Composition, and Performance
- Organ Building Trends: Historical and Modern
- Organ Literature/Scholarship
- Practice and Health at the Organ
- Use of Technology in Education, Worship, and Performance
Proposals must be received by e-mail in PDF format by March 1, 2021 for consideration.